View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 11:02 AM   #7
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
You mean those looters we saw running off with flat-screen TVs, and entire racks on wheels of clothes, enough to help some of the people who didn't choose to stay, but were stuck there? Nope - no sympathy for them at all. None, zilch, nada, and I hope that when they are able, the authorities will identify the people in those pictures and send them to jail - and take all the stuff they stole and give them to people who at least made attempts to evacuate as ordered, but were unable to comply.

There are people in the world who live with less than what these people are reduced to now, in undeveloped countries, and you don't see THEM behaving like feral animals.

Of course you chose to sensationalize the situation, which is how most of the media handles it...taking my post completely out of context with your very first sentence:

[sarcasm]Yes, judging from what I'm watching on the news, all those people CHOSE to stay there...<snip>[/sarcasm]

And if you had chosen instead to focus on what I actually said, rather than what you preferred to decide I implied, you would have seen otherwise. You would have noticed I said I WILL be helping out once things settle.

But you go on ahead and sit in YOUR comfy chair, at your computer, using your electricity, and judge ME on MY decisions about a place I plan on helping out. If I could afford it, I wouldn't be sending money. I would be THERE - at ground zero, doing whatever I could to help in the hospital triages they've set up, working with the people organizing reunions between the stranded folks at the Superdome and their families.

So go ahead. Get all pious and self-righteous. Or - don't. I really don't give a fig. And if anyone wants to send me to New Orleans, PM me and we'll talk further. I'm willing to go.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote