View Single Post
Old 07-09-2002, 06:45 PM   #4
Ytrewtsu

Ytrewtsu is on a distinguished road
If an admin (not owner) cheats, I think the answer is simple. You report them to the owner. It is difficult to do because it may alienate a friend or even get yourself removed from the mud (if the cheating is more widespread). But when it comes down to it, all you have are your own personal values and ethics.

I have also been in a situation in a game that I no longer play where an immortal loaded some gold for my character and gave it to me. Now at the time, I was unaware that it was cheating to give me this gold. However, in retrospect, I think I should have reported them. They were caught anyways a week or two later.

Cheating is not an easy situation to deal with but it is a reality in every single mud out there and will have to be dealt with by the controlling powers of the mud at some point. It is not acceptable for the staff nor for the players and I firmly believe the staff sets the example for the players and if they cheat, they are basically saying to the playerbase to go ahead and cheat.

Situations where cheating is suspected are oftentimes not easy to judge. Eventually, the owners will have to deal with it and the way that they do deal with it reveals a ton about their personal character and for me whether I would want to remain on the game.

Ytrewtsu
Ytrewtsu is offline   Reply With Quote