View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 02:49 PM   #17
Soleil

Soleil is on a distinguished road
The following are quotes from a recent player survey in response to the question: "Why do you still log into and play Medievia regularly?"

Medievia is an ever-changing and expanding world, constantly working towards making everyone's experience in Medievia as rich, fulfilling, and all around enjoyable for those who play.

Medievia is more diverse then any other game I have played. There is always something to do that suits whatever mood I happen to be in. Most importantly, it is the interaction with other people and the friendships formed on the game that keeps me coming back no matter what.

I love it, the changes, the zones, everything, both players and Gods are friendly and helpful. It is an enjoyable way of spending my day.

The large player base. I like how there are HUGE amounts of people on, no matter what time of day or night it is. There is no slow time. There is never any trouble finding people to play/interact with. And beyond that, things like catacombs, trade runs and ships make Medievia the best mud out there, hands down.

There is still more I have not yet done in this game. The challenge to master ALL of Medievia is what keeps me coming back.

The people I've met and known over the years, the new changes like ships and cpk. I’m anticipating town farms and workers.

Honestly, it’s for the player interaction. I love the community, talking to my friends and pking. I have friends on med I've known longer then almost anyone not in my family irl. More to the point though, it’s the ability to pk. I love running eq because it leads to pk, and gets me eq to pk better, but it’s the rush of icing people that gets me in again and again. I think Medievia has one of the best playerkilling systems of any game I've ever come accross...after playing med I could never play a game that didn't have such a simple and well worked system of pk to allow me to take whatever risks I wanted to at that time.

The complex social structure of the game itself makes it a 'valid' alternate life for me. And like 'living', I want to advance and take part in what happens in the 'world'. The world of Medievia is dynamic and ever changing and that makes me want to experience through the changes (although I don’t agree to all of it). There is a need to achieve 'higher' social status or reputation in the game (or at least to maintain it) and I believe that the changes offers more way to do that instead of just learning zones and get the best set in the game. (e.g dragon lairs, shipping adventures)

Best bang for the buck. I've donated probably $500-$600 between all my characters but what other games will provide me w/ the 6000+ hours of actual played time like Med has. I played World of Warcraft for over a year and it's a good game, but Medievia is a better game. I keep playing because I know that I’ve been playing w/ the same people for 9+ years either w/ or against and that's nice. Medievia is constantly changing and growing. I don't cpk often but when I do I actually feel a rush that I've never gotten from any other game whether it be from winning or losing. Also based in Philly I've gotten to meet other players w/ get togethers and such. I also feel I know my BL child real well which is cool.

The two biggest reasons for me are these: 1, your actions and accomplishments are able to be shared and experienced with real people who you form a very close-knit society with. 2, Medievia has a rich history, a nostalgia associated with certain people, time periods, events, changes. Having spent so much time watching this game evolve, I like being part of the current growth and changes.

I'm constantly impressed with the new features that V is adding to the game on a near weekly basis. Obviously, I've made friends that I enjoy talking to also. There's something about being able to do both of those things together-sharing a fun gaming experience with friends-though that keeps me coming back over and over.
-----

Obviously many people love our game. But, that's not to say that Medievia is everyone's cup of tea. To each their own.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote