View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 11:03 PM   #17
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
Shao_long, just for your information, you should have dropped it the first time I told you to. The fact that Synozeer keeps agreeing with me and telling you the same thing should be a clue to that ends.

As for the part about manners, I agree with Molly and Gad both. Ignorance of manners with good friends is usually tolerable... you usually set understood rules with your friends of what is tolerable and what is not. In an open community, such as this, where anyone can walk right into the middle of a discussion you have to be considerate. Does this mean be PC and worry about everything you say? Absolutely not. Does it mean think about how what you say might affect others? Positively.

Think about it this way. A group of people is discussing philosophy. You walk in and start saying, 'Puppycat eat chicken noses. Fly ratdog fly!' Do they have a right to be irritated? Yes. Why? You just interrupted their discussion, for absolutely no reason other than to garner some attention for yourself. Thus where manners come in. Manners would tell you to not disturb their discussion unless you had something relevant to what they were saying.

Just a thought.
Orion Elder is offline   Reply With Quote