View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
Aeran

Aeran is on a distinguished road
Re: Proposal for new listing options

After reading I began ponder. Some of the current search options aren't clear what they mean. For example what is the difference between a MUD that accepts roleplay and one that encourages it - and do you actually care about it? It doesn't seem you can search for both options at same time which means you get less games in the search results. E.g you might want roleplay but do not care as long as it exists in some form.

It is same problem when searching with "avg players". Do I really care to find MUDs with 76-100 players? Maybe I am happy with 40 players avg and everything above. As it works now it feels like you're forced to enter too exact data. The same problem exist with other search options, too.

Also perhaps it should be possible to associate a list of keywords/tags with the game. That way the games could advertise features that the search doesn't have check boxes for yet. Didn't Mud Magic do something like that?

When looking for new MUDs I noticed that the list doesn't appear to be sorted in any meaningful way. This is how parts of it look right now(top to bottom):

SW:Galactic Horizon - 17th October, 2009
Primordiax - 5th August, 2010
DBNU: Hopes Beginning - 16th July, 2010
CJN MUSH - 15th March, 2009
Warriorx Adventure - 18th February, 2010
Static Chaos - 29th December, 2009
Forbidden Lands - 4th April, 2009
A: Hollow World - 2nd February, 2010

There is no obvious way to know which MUD is the latest added one, without opening each link and check. It could also be nice if it was possible to subscribe to new MUD list entries using RSS. That's something .

Last edited by Aeran : 08-26-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Aeran is offline   Reply With Quote