Thread: Me too!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 10:00 PM   #21
kaylus1

Not at all, it could also means that when he wishes to contribute his opinion to a discussion, he does so in a (opinion) tasteful and intelligent manner.

I look to these boards for discussions, or topics that fuel intelligent discussions. If I see anything that I don't wish to reply to, I don't. If I see something I do wish to reply to, but someone has said something that I wished to add, then I refrain and wait for an addition to that posting that will allow me to add my words in a manner that would build the conversation or shed light on something that I had posted before.

Why would "Me too!" add to a conversation? Who would even try to argue that "lol" is productive in any sort of way. Yes, they are thoughts that you may or may not wish to share with other people. But on a message board these are not the best way to do so. Why not? Because message boards are created for conversation and discussion. Not talk and chatter. Yes there are specific boards for the latter, but the main group of these boards even say "for discussion" in their descriptions. Talk and chatter has it's appropriate place, it's easy to see why people who come "for discussion"
get aggravated when they see spam.

If you are posting these "Me too"'s and "lol"'s in the appropriate place than cheers for you. But when it degrades the ability for multiple people to converse on a topic in a logical fashion without skipping muck or without worrying whether their topic was abandoned by someone hopping in and changing the flow of messaging to stupidity then it needs to stop.

If you must insist on popping out every word that comes into your mind, why not use notepad, then reply after so many thoughts? Take too long? Can't get quick enough conversation that way? Why not just go to a chat room if you find that regular discussions aren't heated or fast enough for you.

Beyond that, I have seen people posting a message, then posting a message again, not two minutes later, then again not two minutes after that. If no one has posted after you then there is an EDIT command you can use to modify your posts to better suit your needs. Otherwise it is just pure
spam, a waste of time, a waste of resources, a waste of bandwidth.

If you aren't doing it, don't worry about all these posts but if you are doing it, it's annoying and stupid in my opinion.

Kaylus@Solice