View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 03:33 PM   #16
Lovelorn

Lovelorn is on a distinguished road
All I can say is that I respectfully disagree with your take on this Orion Elder.  I would never have even found this site if it hadn't been for Simu listing here.  I have actively searched through the MUDs, way past the top 20.  

I honestly don't see this site as a competition to begin with... yes, yes, I know its a vote/ranking site.  But in my view it is basicly a Mudding community, that is actively bringing people to this site via that vote, and these people are interested in Mudding obviously; its like promoting the gaming genre as opposed to putting various games in direct competition of one another.  I can not for the life of me believe that I am the only newcomer here that has been active, looking for other games to play, enjoying myself immensely...  Heck, I've even tried a few genres that I hadn't played before at all.

As to separate lists? I don't think so. I see no reason to segregate the listings unless you are going to go full out and have various aspects (IE code base, PK), genres, etc also segregated.  On the other hand, I see no reason why a $ couldn't be added for all forms of P2P MUDs, with explanations of what catagory they fall into within that. IE Monthly subscription, donation, etc.

P2P isn't a deciding factor for me.  I want entertainment.  I want roleplay.  I want a detailed world to immerse in...  What I am finding is that there are plenty of Free Muds out there that give me what I like.  There are bound to be other P2P gamers that are just like me.
Lovelorn is offline   Reply With Quote