View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
realmsofvalor

realmsofvalor is on a distinguished road
Re: The usual Looking for a MUD thread.

Hello Raocan,

You may be interested in Arantha. I'll hit up your wants real quick -

1- Standard D&D-ish playable races: Human, Half-elf, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling.
2- We have player-made maps on the website for towns, as well as an overland graphic map. Unfortunately, there is no integration or plug-ins. The game is designed to be played on any standard telnet window.
3- I hope this isn't the bee in your bonnet, but we are fairly strongly roleplay-based. That's not to say that there's plenty of good ol' fashioned adventuring and fighting/killing/treasure! However, we do have a requirement for playing your PC in-character.
A number of our players do not speak English as their primary language. We have some Brazilians that speak Portugese great and English not so great! I've always thought that roleplay MUDs can be a valuable tool for learning the language, it's like constantly studying an interactive book. And for the record I can understand you just fine! I would also hope that you do not feel uncomfortable playing our game because of this, we have a great (if still small) group of players who do everything to welcome and help new people.
4- Our Admins are coming back from an extended real-life vacation, and we're eager to get this MUD growing again! Code updates were sporatic for the past six months but are shifting to a regular schedule. At the moment our player base is low during certain hours.. we will begin advertising for players, builders and staff within a couple of weeks.

Our campaign is custom, medieval fantasy-based, and allows for PCs to be exceptional parts of the story rather than just adventurer footnotes. Everyone who plays is fantastic at answering any questions new folks have. We roleplay in-character but offer a global OOC channel that can really bring a sense of community to our game.. so come on by and say hello!

arantha.net:4000
realmsofvalor is offline   Reply With Quote