View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
Will

Will is on a distinguished road
Re: Are there any MOO coders out there?

Yeah, I've been a member of the MOO group for a few years now. Great bunch of very helpful and very knowledgable folks. The server is being very actively developed. There is a branch being developed by Todd Sunsted that includes modern features like multiple inheritance, anonymous objects, JSON translation and a full-blown web server with Mustache templating.

Squeegy: KaVir's snippet needs the server to update all the MSDP variables. I'm trying to decide whether to update them all in a bunch in the main server loop or write a few builtins and handle it in MOO code. In the spirit of maintaining the MOO paradigm, I'd like to do the latter, something like: update_msdp_int(player OBJ, $msdpIndex INT, input INT), where $msdpIndex is a system property containing an integer corresponding to an entry in the MSDP variable table. The problem is, there may be a hundred MSDP variables that may be altered many different ways by a thousand different verbs, which means updating MSDP values in each one.

Camlorn: I didn't know there was a separate MOO server manual. I will certainly look it up. Thanks for the info. I'm using a core we built from the ground up. It is very different from LambdaCore and all its descendants.

-Will

Last edited by Will : 12-12-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote