Thread: I need a MUD!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 08:16 PM   #3
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Try checking out the following:

Avendar: The Crucible of Legends (RP/PK)

Carrion Fields (RP/PK)

Abandoned Realms (RP/PK)

Aabahran: Forsaken Lands (RP/PK)

As the Wheel Weaves (RP/PK in arenas)

I've played extensively on all of the above (except Carrion Fields, where my stay was fairly short) and all have their good points to offer.

If you're looking for something away from "standard" elves, dwarves, etc, try out Avendar. They have a whole bunch of races that just dont fit in to the common mold as such. The Shuddeni and Ch'Taren in particular stand out as good examples. The RP standard on here is among the best I've seen.

As the Wheel Weaves is based on Robert Jordans Wheel of Time books. It's a fun place to play, although "real-time" RP tends to be fairly rare. This may have changed since I last played however.

Carrion Fields, Abandoned Realms, and Forsaken Lands all offer a similar style of game interpretted in different ways. You'll find standard D&D favourites like elves, drow, dwarves, giants, etc, along with a few unusual creations thrown in.

I've put down the web addresses rather than the telnet addresses, as a good way to get a feel for a MUD is to examine their website and forums.

Hope this helps you find somewhere you can call home!
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote