View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #14
Kleothera

Kleothera is on a distinguished road
Re: MUD Players' Bill of Rights

Thing is, when we apply to be builders or other species of immortals- no matter that we are all unpaid and volunteers and etc etc, we take on a responsibility to do certain actions that take the game forward. The players have a right to expect timely and reasonable action for the improvement of the world. Players also have something of a right to expect the staff to take into some sort of cognizance their opinions on how the game should be run. Of course different people may consider what is timely may differ from person to person. The trick is to explain our limitations slowly and patiently and be ready to accept that you would never satisfy everyone.

Having said that, I think we are talking about different issues here. Your issue is about instance when the staff member IS trying to do his/her/its best and still gets yelled at. My issue (and that of the original poster) is that some games the staff MAY actually powetrip and act nuts. I guess that is more likely to happen in startup muds with 14 year old imps experiencing power for the first time. Your MUD and mine are definitely not one of them. But in this time of easy to establish almost stock muds, there ARE a lot of such games and such admins.
Kleothera is offline   Reply With Quote