Thread: Food?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 11:40 AM   #4
Sanvean

Sanvean is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sanvean
We've tweaked this somewhat: your size affects how much you can eat and drink, and there's, by my last count, some 20 food types, each with their own taste message.

One of the tweaks I've been pleased by is what you mention - making the products of the create food spell vary according to guild, race, etc: the food produced by a templar's create food spell, for example, is very different than that produced by a nomad. We;ve done the same with some other spells - create mount differs according to the guild of the caster, create wine can be affected by your clan, etc. It's little changes like this that really please me.

Do people have to pay attention to what they eat? No, although they do have to eat to stay alive. But for the people who've decided their character only likes sweet things or whatever, there's plenty of options. And adding in the cooking code has made it even more diverse, as well as putting special scripts on some items, like hot peppers, which make the consumer break out into a sweat.
Sanvean is offline   Reply With Quote