View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #55
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
No it isn't. No single person can "ruin" a forum. You give this mythical "person" way too much power. Furthermore, there are game developer blogs and lists like MUD-DEV where "this person" participates that have NOT devolved into the utter crap that is the TMS (or TMC for that matter) forum. If it is truly "this person" who is to blame, the effect would be universal.

No, it is not a single person that ruined these forums but the general population/peanut gallery. The forums here blow chunks because they are dominated by entire groups of people who can't actually DO anything, so they just **** and moan and attack people who HAVE accomplished things. Thus, people who actually do have valuable input regret participating in any substantive discussion.

There you go again. Agreement = lap dog. That is a sad, tired, pathetic argument that any thinking person knows is fallacious.

Here's a hint: there are no other discussions on this forum other than the flame wars that are even marginally interesting. That is what this forum has devolved to. The rare attempts at a substantive thread are quickly ruined by clueless trolls and even these threads are sporadic. Brody is about the only person with any actual game creating talent who seriously tries to generate discussion, but the poor guy can't do it alone.

Honestly, why would I completely waste my time and effort trying to discuss a serious game design issue here, on these forums filled with know-nothing trolls, when I could have the exact same discussion on MUD-DEV or a number of excellent blogs (that I won't list for fear of the rabble here going there and ruining them too)? Those other forums have experienced game developers and intelligent, thoughtful people to discuss issues of game design with. Their moderators delete and prevent flame wars. Tell me why I, or any successfull game creator, would choose THIS forum to have a game related discussion instead of those?

I'd be insulted by this if I didn't know it was just another example of you furthering your personal agenda and vendetta.

If you think succcessful mud developers all seem to think the same way about a certain set of issues, perhaps THAT should be a clue for you.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with your crazy conspiracy theory and maybe the things those successful mud developers agree upon are actually the RIGHT positions.

It is so much easier to just yell "LAP DOG!" than to actually examine your own positions and consider that you might be off base.

But please, don't let me interrupt you from swinging at windmills.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote