View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 07:03 PM   #12
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
wotmud.org has a pretty good blend of RP and HnS. Alot of people will wander around, levelling mindlessly until someone starts to RP with them, then they'll follow along. If you can deal with fifty Aes Sedai tugging their braids repeatedly and the same, cookie-cutter, stoic warder, then this is a good place to blend that HnS and RP that you crave.

Just got tired of half-measures, myself. I play muds so I can immerse myself in a role. If I want to talk about baseball, the merits of Coke vs Pepsi, or the irritation cause by Trojan rubbers, I can do that offline, with my RL friends, or over AIM. While I'm logged into a mud, though, I really -do- want to pretend I'm a half-elven desert rider, or a club-wielding goblin raider. I want to create my own, believable story.

If I'm deep in a tavern scene, I don't want someone to pop in, slaughter the bartender, loot the corpse, and wander off to find another. That just ruins the entire mood for me, so I stay away from places that aren't RP required.

*shrugs* I'll never play Hack and Slash muds because, well, it's not my style. I want immersion and to be surrounded by other believable characters. If that makes me elitist or arrogant, so be it. I'll never come into your mud and force you to RP with me, so by all means, stay out of my mud if you have no wish to RP.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote