View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 02:21 PM   #4
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Hmm..

Corrupt Admin? Most of the truly corrupt got nuked and all the original staff have retired.

Free reincarnation? Yes this does happen, but is done very rarely, often only when a guild needs to be closed and the admin doesn't want to penalize the players for something they where not responsible for. There have been maybe 3 free reincarnation events in the last two years that where not due to a closed guild and they where all connected to a holiday event or some other significant event. They have not as far as I am aware been used as a reward for voting.

As for kickass combos are few and far between. Nearly every guild in the game has been revanmped and rebalanced over the last year and the Woodland Mage guild that truly was the most kickassed one in the game is closed for major renovations and fumigation. Most people in my experience that use free reincarnations also use the normal method 2-3 times a year, because they get tired of playing what they are and can't seem to stick to one long enough to actually get good at it. I am a mere 10 levels from the maximum a player can have and know people who have played nearly since the very day the mud came online that don't have a third of what I do. The fact that they have some guild based form of ADD is their problem and doesn't reflect on the rest of the player base.

And as for the reward we did get. It lasted 24-hours and was for all players. Even so, less than 1/5 of the total players online per day voted. Too #### many lazy bums imho. But the fact is that the mud was down for several months, then only open for existing players for even more time. The result is we have been awol for over a year and are now trying to get new players coming back in again. If that takes a few bribes to get people off there butts, then so be it.

As for other kinds of 'treats'.... There are events that happen for halloween, christmas, easter and the like, as well as special trivia games that are sometimes run. Christmas may produce an exp boost like we got for a short time for hitting 20. Halloween and Easter often have hunts of sorts that let you get some exp just by finding balloons or easter eggs. The trivia are often won every time by the same people and the prize is rarely if every anything that provides in-game benefits.

So, are you honestly telling me that no other muds have special events for holidays? That when they do no one ever gets anything extra from it? You make it sound like wizards go around handing out useful bits or equipment at random, not useless bit of fluff like tee shirts you can't store or beers that instantly make the character so drunk they can't even move. For most people these things are complete annoyances and the 1-2 immortals that where caught giving people other sorts of stuff, outside of event prizes, got nuked soon after.

And as for players being a young age.. About 90% of the young players get themselves nuked or in trouble with Law almost the moment they log on. Others don't have the patience to figure the game out and quit. Where exactly did you see this list of ages for who plays? For myself I am in my 30s.

I suspect that you Grey are more than likely someone that either left before the new admin came in or you got annoyed at something that the new admin did as an interim fix, while they didn't have the time to fix the real problem. Even before the mud reopened to new players, there where a significant number of adjustments, both to the rules and the code for some specific items or guild abilities. These new admin are serious, both about people following the rules and about fixing the mess or inconsistencies and imbalances that exist in the game. This is in some people's minds a 'bad' thing. As apparently is the idea that admin should do silly things like randomly dropping junk into peoples inventory as a joke.

Just about the only thing I can think of that isn't useless is the godblesses. For maybe 20 minutes you may sometimes get a boost of HP an CP. It helps, but it is random, entirely at the whim of the admin and there was at least one time where the admin got so annoyed by the 2-3 fools that thought they had it owed to them that they actually decreased the global experience rate to 90% of normal for about an hour. Being one of those that never depends on or begs for such things, it was bloody annoying.
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote