View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 11:36 AM   #12
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Considering the many smug, arrogant and inflammatory posts from the_logos on various forums, I’d say he’s dug his own “deep hole”.

Few posters have managed to insult such a large number of other posters in such a short time. After that, claiming that other posters “seem to have a problem with other people’s success and look for reasons to bash them” is a cheap way of avoiding the issue.

He is not being “bashed” on these forums because he is “successful”. The reason people attack him is that they don’t like his opinions and his rude and loud-mouthed way of forcing them on everybody.

Aardwolf is not being attacked because they are ‘successful’ either. They are being attacked because they are violating the spirit of the Diku Licence.

The sleazy ‘used-cars-salesman’ advice repeatedly provided in the Diku thread by the_logos probably did more harm to this licence than any action performed by a single person, since Vryce put his “successful” scam afloat. (I apologise in advance to all used cars salesmen for the analogy).

Also, labelling those that don’t share his opinions ‘Priests and Zealots’ while the ones that do are ‘Professionals’ is a new low water mark of debate technique.

Finally, defining the ‘Mud Community’ as consisting rather of an anonymous mass of “thousands of players” than the people that actually create and develop Muds strikes me as slightly ridiculous. Without the Mud developers there wouldn’t even be any Muds for those thousands to play. The people that actively use these boards are mostly Mud Aministrators, and those are also the people who have any impact on which direction the community will be taking. The majority of mudders couldn’t care less about questions of ethics, moral, IP theft or even contract law, which is clearly demonstrated by the ”thousands of players” Medievia has.

If people want their Muds to be commercial, they should code them from scratch themself, not abuse the work of others in a way expressively against their wishes.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote