View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a MUD (you guys must get a lot of these)

Hello there Sneux!

I will break down the 10 reasons you should be a regular at . But first I want to recommend a few other games that are top on my list of excellent MUDS. If you find NWA is not to your liking or you want something different, I would recommend in no particular order the following:

- They have great roleplay, combat, and religion.
- Excellent player vs. player, and a plethora of skills and abilities, tactics, etc.
- The best for brain twisting quests and riddles.

Definately. The roleplay here is intense, enjoyable, and your pace. NWA is a roleplay enforced game.
100+ Players day and night.
There are clans, guilds, religions, political structures, etc. Adventures can be on the land and sea, with groups of 2 to 5, or armies of 30 or more. And yes, there have been massive roleplay events, invasions, and adventures with that many players grouping in battle.
PK is possible but requires roleplay. You can't just go kill a weak player for the lameness of it. You have to have valid roleplay. There are arenas for battling others where you don't die and many events are held here where multiple groups battle. Keep in mind, this game is serious and deadly, in that political, social, and religious roleplay can result in pk.
Balance is a premium but the beauty of NWA is that it is balanced in a dynamic way. Each guild and race have their plus and minus and as such no one guild is overwhelmingly better than another. Play the game and you will see more of an enjoyable rivalry than a skill vs. skill betterence.
Equipment, powers, and skills are world wide and free to obtain. Donations are accepted as a form of support but items from such are based around roleplay.
Two nations, multiple islands, oceans, ships, houses, clans, caravans, guilds with huge variety, merchant type guilds whose sole purpose is the economy and roleplay, interactive staff, guides, and events. Tons in the game and always new things coming.
There is permadeath, but more than likely it will not affect you. Mostly it is resurrected death and permadeath is only used for players who do not take death seriously or who start in the more difficult continent for experienced New Worlds players. So, if you try NWA start north first until you understand the game.
There is the ability to adventure and fight, but roleplay is the key here.
You will love the rich storyline of NWA. It is based on a novel you can read online at the website and there is a constant evolving storyline based around this novel that includes the politics, religion, and social aspects of what you, the players, create.

I hope you come by and try it out! Good luck in your search!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote