View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
The only reason I can think of for a log sent to the staff, would be if the character is of some significant authority/influence. Like a clan leader, or someone with the coded ability to send NPC minions on someone. This would be mostly to ensure the staff that they have entrusted the player appropriately with that kind of authority (I'm assuming that only trusted players get to even -have- that kind of authority). Some players might roleplay characters who start out at the bottom and organically rise to a position like that. But once they're in that position, it makes sense for them to be required to prove their value. If they engage in ooc twinkery, it can cause serious IC problems and that to me is where fair/unfair comes in. I have no problem with the idea of sending logs to staff when a "person in a position of authority" takes down another character.

I think it would be crazy for -every- character in a game to have to send a log in. I mean shoot - stuff happens. Low-life assassins hired to kill some annoying but equally low-life ordinary citizen shouldn't need a lot of OOC red tape.

The whole permission in advance thing is just plain outrageously ridiculous. Unless of course there is a staff member available to respond immediately, with an equally immediate course of action. But try finding a game that has a 1:1 ratio of staff to non-staff, where each assigned staff member is logged in and available during exactly the same time as its assigned player, heh. That is probably the only way I'd even consider a "permission-in-advance" system.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote