Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 12:11 AM   #93
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
"And Shane, no, I am speaking too you because it illustrated my point about you. You’re the kind of Christian that circumcised my father when he was six as a form of punishment for speaking Ahnishnabemowin. You are the kind of Christian that then decries proof of that happening all the time ignoring the thousands of people that had similar experiences and never once offering proof your self that it did not happen."

My first post to you was an appologetic acknowledgement of that sort of thing along with a statement that I do not believe that such things constitute proof that the majority of the non-Christian world does not also share some basic commonality regarding sex and clothing. I hate that sort of thing. It is indeed sick and twisted, but then again, so is your blind and vitriolic hate of me, a person you have yet to even truly meet.

"Brett tried to be reasonable with you. He/she appears to be educated but has taken the moral high ground and never once made reference to your insistence that ONE class in art makes you some kind of authority on history."

Yet another in the endless stream of untruthfull assertions regarding what I said. Brett stated I should go and research Egypt after I mentioned that the art I have seen that is Egyptian invariably has them wearing clothes. There probably is a lot of Egyptian art out there I have never seen, but the fact that so much of it has them wearing clothes flew in the face of his assertion that Egyptians were largely free of clothing related taboos of any sort. I am still open to real discussion about that, but so far that's where it stands. You assertion of what I said is simply, flatly, obviously demonstrably a false one, which incidentally is why I keep saying, "I never said that," to you, and not because I have some sort of psychotic disconnect with reality that forces me to deny my own culpability in things as you have accused me.

"You go on and on about how you didn’t say such and such. You cry for “proof”. All the while you offer no proof of your own, absolutely refuse to acknowledge the sources both Brett and I have posted … and you would to ANYONE else that posted something against your beliefs. You cannot hear a different point of view other than your own. All you can do is deny it. I pin that on your church because it is so mundane to it."

Another really obvious falsehood. I have offered up China, and India, and the Middle East, and just the world in general with dozens upon dozens of nations and cultures and hundreds upon millions upon billions of people. You and Brett have presented a short list of some of the least known civilizations that exist and asserted that they reflect something very important about how cultures form their values regarding clothing and sex. I have agreed with every single one of both of your points EXCEPT the parts that tend to insinuate that being concerned with clothes or privacy in sexual matters is uniquely and unhealthily related to Christian prudishness. For this one small caveat, I continue to be completely and totally lambasted by you, Tim, and I find it faith affirming.

"You have a very small world that is steeped in the blood of my people. It is the inheritance that your fathers left for you and you accept it every time you find fault in something not to your understanding of Christianity, even if that is vilifying a priest."

Tim, until today I didn't even know you HAD a people. My hands are about as clean of your people's blood as a Chinaman's.

Your supposedly victimized people were active participants in wars since before the horrid white man arrived, and his arrival seems merely to have given your people fresh economic reasons to continue that passtime. In short, your moral outrage is hollow, vapid vanity. You were a proud, fighting people, but your people lost the big gambit for power in North America eventually, and now it's time to move on.

Still having hard times? Deal with it. Time to stop blaming the white man or his twisted churches. If we are so awful, what does it say about your culture that it could not withstand ours?

I'm done with you.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote