View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #239
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
But that didn't counter my point, which was

You got credits from other players, but those other players bought them. You could have done the same thing on Threshold or Gemstone - should those muds be listed as 'free' as well?

And did you perhaps completely ignore my point (which I then repeated for you) about your example being flawed? If the mud is advertised as "free" to the players, then that implies it is "free" for the players. If the mud rewards donations then that is "pay-for-perks", if it just accepts donations for nothing then I suppose it would be classified as "pay-for-nothing".

But the fact that "someone" has to pay for it is irrelevent unless that person is the one who's being told it's free - such as the 'mud hosting service' example which I've already posted twice for you, whereby the service is advertised as 'free' but where it's not usable unless the mud owner pays for it, or convinces another mud owner to pay for it.

Yet you yourself have admitted that "Credits are used to buy items and skills which aren't available through any other currency", and that "people who pay money are actually investing something in the game that I am not. It's natural that they would have an advantage, isn't it?"

It seems clear that credits are required in order to compete. And it seems equally clear that the only way for a the playerbase to consistently and repeatable gain credits is through the expenditure of cash.

You keep trying to dance around the issue, but have failed to provide anything which actually counters those points.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote