View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 04:21 PM   #7
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
While I'm not an admin, I have played alot of RP muds.

The thing I love about fantasy is the contrast. You have archetypes, and you have the odd-balls. These make the story believable.

From the review I read, it would seem to me the reviewer refused to do his time as, though I hate to use the word, 'stereotypical' elf. We've all played these characters, the noble knight, the fierce warrior, mysterious/bumbling mage, theiving kender, the woodsy elf, etc etc etc etc etc etc.

If everyone is allowed to be a dark-elf Paladin/summoner who can speak to animals and is the companion of the giant ogre. If every idiot got to play such a character, it would lose its meaning, no?

Anyway, that's just the way I look at it through my clouded perspective. Who knows? I may be full of ****.

*notices all hs typos by doesn't even care.

{EDIT: I forgot to touch on the question of the previous poster. I'm sure that properly Roleplayed and cared for, such a character could come about through the natural storyline, rather than just being that way. If it were like this, there's no doubt that the admin in question would applaud and accept it. I mean, come one, that's just good roleplaying.}
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote