View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #6
Lodes

Lodes is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lodes
Well knowing you really well Mierza, I thought i'd reply. (on a seperate note, i'll be contacting you on your current mud.)
Muds are indeed some complicated piece of code but after you have worked a lot with a codebase you get to know it quite well and understand what is needed.
Which codebase you choose really depends upon what you want it to already have, which features on that codebase do I want compared to that other codebase.
Now, answering your question maybe a bit more precisely. Any mu* is complex because first it is a server/client application and the current standards are relatively high on how a mud should be. I know you currently are an immortal on that mud I play with you, and I will be contacting you. I hope what I said made sense and maybe also helped some other people.
On another note, it does cost some money to run a mud and a lot of dedication. And now as an advice, with your changes, start with small things, you will learn a lot about different part of the code and then will be able to progress into making some bigger changes. Remember that some codebases are just ugly to look at but I am thankfull to the creators as they sure saved all of us a lot of time, and gave us inspiration to continue on.
-- edit - My first post on this board, really bad formatting which I hope I fixed.
Lodes is offline   Reply With Quote