View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #8
lckychrmsrr

lckychrmsrr is on a distinguished road
I also would have to recommend The Turning Point (TP).  Of all the muds I have tried, including the others recommended in this thread, TP has had the most friendly and helpful players and staff of all of them.  The RP environment there is superb, and I believe you would find it highly enjoyable.  I can attest that you do NOT have to be a fighter to level, due to the passive XP system in place you can level quite easily without ever having to kill a single NPC.  Its hard to put the atmosphere into words but I promise you, some of the best and most fun RP you will have will be here.

To sum up:

** The staff is EXCELLENT.
** The RP is some of the best I've ever seen.
** The world is very well built and interesting.
** There is a class-based system, but you can always RP that you are learning it and the practice it as you RP along.
** The history of the world is very in depth and goes back quite a long time.
** There are usually a good amount of players around.
** There is always somekind of storyline going on, and many of them are player driven.
** Not too sure about building a house.
** The OOC communication system is great, and can be toggled on and off, plus no annoying global tells.
** Best of all you DON'T have to be an awesome PKer or Pleveler to advance in the game.

I of course am partial to TP cause it encompasses all the various features I like in a mud.  Of the things you are looking for, you might also try SOI.  I personally found their system for crafts and such to be quite difficult to master.  While the Imm staff was helpful I didn't get the feeling that they were wanting to help more than they were obligated to by their positions.  While the pbase has grown quite a bit since the last time I logged on, it seem like too many of the players were "clickish".  It was hard to get integrated into any of the RP going on, even after having logged 30 hours.

Now you didn't specify what type of genre you wish to play.  TP is a fantasy/midevil type mud, while SOI is strictly a Tolkein based mud.  I would encourage you to try out both to see which you like best.
lckychrmsrr is offline   Reply With Quote