View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
I think you should try Chiaroscuro (jointhesaga.com:2003), as we have almost all of the elements that you're looking for. I'll go through them in the order you listed them.

Our staff is extremely friendly and available to the playerbase.
We have both an OOC area and an IC area. There is a newbie channel for newbie questions.
Our descriptions are very nice, and the world itself is very rich.
You tend to choose professions at the beginning of the game, but writing a biography and/or being nominated for excellent rp garners you more experience points to use however you wish, building up those skills the character would have.
The backstory is absolutely exquisite, combining post-apocalyptic, anti-magical, and traditional medieval elements in a fresh way.
We typically have around 10 characters in the afternoons, and around 20 in the evenings, often more.
Plots are run by both staff and players. Look at for examples.
While we don't have the ability to build one's own house, we do have a robust crafting system in which you can become a vital element in the production of supplies in the city-state.
We have a paging system, but also the ability to block individuals or to go haven, and not be paged at all.
Very few people go into fighting professions here. The majority of players are craftsmen, shop owners, entertainers, servants, or nobility.

While I'm currently in class, I can certainly offer to help show you around late Thursday night or Friday. Please email me at (or anyone else who is interested), and I'll be glad to work something out with you.

If you're interested in activity and such, look at saga.jointhesaga.com for our newsletter, which also has links to other pages to help you see if you like the game. Be sure to look at the Player's Guide PDF at chia.jointhesaga.com .

I hope to talk to you soon.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote