View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 01:14 AM   #5
Burrytar

Burrytar is on a distinguished road
Re: No More Dresden Files

For those that don't know, there is a (tabletop) in the works. Not only that, but it's being created by Fred Hicks and Rob Donaghue of , quite possibly the best story-oriented RPG design team in existence. Their two most recent games are Don't Rest Your Head (which is very Dresden-esque) and Spirit of the Century (which is very pulpy), and both of those games have been wildly praised, nay, worshipped by the storygame community. They also created the FATE system, a rewrite of Fudge, which has been similarly praised by generic system lovers and storygamers both.

Having seen their other games, I'm certain the system will be developed from the ground up to give exactly the required support 100% of the time for Dresden-style stories. And it will probably also be easily adaptable to other story types. The rules text will be clear and concise, and appropriate examples from actual play will be provided. It will be playable by both new and veteran roleplayers, without sacrificing the enjoyment of either. That's not a bold prediction given the design team I'm talking about.

Anyhow, if you can't tell, I'm really excited about this. I only recently started reading the Dresden Files (never saw the show); but I've read all of Nightside -- which is like a cross between Dresden and Neverwhere -- so I'm keen on getting an RPG geared towards that sort of thing with a name attached that my geeky friends will recognize.

Last edited by Burrytar : 09-15-2007 at 02:02 AM. Reason: grammar
Burrytar is offline   Reply With Quote