View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
Wroat

Wroat is on a distinguished road
Brand new to MUDs

Hi everyone, I'm absolutely fresh out-of-the-bag new to MUDs. I tried MUDs a couple of years ago (on TelNet!), and never understood it. My researching skills have greatly evolved since then, and I found a really newbie-friendly MUD that has captured me.

I'm part of the "young generation" and came from yes, those graphically-beautiful MMORPGs that suck you in (in a horrible way). I've always been a fan of the basic character-creation/stat-dependent RPGs, and because MMOs were getting so bad, I looked to Single-Player RPGs, which were too expensive and too advanced for my computer, and then traveled back in time, eventually chancing upon MUDs.

I'm pretty excited about it. I've always liked reading and gaming as two separate parts of my life, but MUDs are bringing those together in the best way. I still don't know anything, though, with these commands instead of hotkeys, and paragraph descriptions in every room, and the functions I don't understand in MUSHclient. I hope to stick around long enough to understand though, as long as MUDs do.
Wroat is offline   Reply With Quote