View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
Cor

Cor is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a New MUD!!!!

To address your first requirement, I'm not sure of any game that is specifically designed to be played on a phone (aside from Bedlam's client, but that isn't really RP). That said, depending on your phone, you have a few client choices that make even the most annoying MUDs playable. I would probably end up throwing my phone against a wall if I had to make MUSH poses on it, though.

If you want a game with more roleplaying than leveling, regular MUDs are probably not for you. In games like New Worlds / Threshold, the xp / coin grind is more intense than the roleplay. On these games, you will probably do a 50/50 split of grinding and roleplay, leaning toward grinding if you plan on advancing to a reasonable level in the next year or two. Both of these games do have quests, though, some actually quite difficult or laden with death traps.

Instead, I recommend more intensive roleplay environments - The Inquisition: Legacy and Armageddon are always good starting points. They both have a lot more RP than hack and slash, but you have the ability to advance through roleplay instead of grinding on mobs. TI:Legacy has a bunch of player-run plots which are like more RP-friendly quests, and Armageddon is more of a free-form sandbox in that you make your own goals (or doom). I would suggest MUSHes normally, but you specified phone use, and that would be annoying unless you're really good at typing on your phone.
Cor is offline   Reply With Quote