View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 03:37 AM   #49
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: RPI, RPE, and Roleplay

It becomes a project. You're putting in 30+ hours a week which is akin to a job in my opinion. Which is fine. But if you don't have strong feelings about your mud I would call you a liar. You must be passionate else you wouldn't be spending so much time on it. In that regard (not necessarily you), people will tout their muds and when they advertise they make claims that are unrealistic and simply not true.

For instance, having the best pk mud or best roleplay is an all too common adage in the slew of muds that are out there. I doubt such a thing exists, much like trying to find the best cheesecake. Everybody likes different things so the aspects of something change per person. Unfortunately in advertisements things aren't moderated and people are allowed to claim that you can MUD with the president if you want. If advertisements were forced only to stick to facts rather than opinions you wouldn't have the issue that Prof was describing.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote