View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
Luthien

Home MUD: The Sea of Storms
Luthien is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I haven't really seen a lot of this at our mud, which may be a good thing. We haven't had all that many people who played regularly leave because they were dissatisfied, though of those I don't really think I've seen any come back around to haunt our boards.

My first thought about why this might happen is that a lot of times people can really invest themselves in a mud, a lot moreso than many other types of games. Despite the fact that there are only letters on the screen and not pretty polygons, your average mud player spends a long time building up their character, be it rp or hack&slash as the setting. Having a hobby you've invested a lot of time in go sour because of the actions of someone else (even if they are fair, you might not see them that way) is the type of thing that can really tick someone off. At that point, some people will walk away and be fine, if disgruntled, some people will walk away and come back, and some people will walk away before coming back with an intent to cause trouble. They can be ****ed off because they didn't like how things were run, or because they don't think it was their fault, etc etc. So the slightly more petty ones will try to get back at someone, cause trouble, etc. See what I mean?

I have seen this once or twice, and that seemed to be the cause of it, though really it was before we had boards or such.
Luthien is offline   Reply With Quote