View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 02:26 PM   #12
vedic

vedic is on a distinguished road
I assume you're talking about the player titles in Materia Magica or the clan titles. There are some things (such as the clan titles that show up on the WHO list) that are player-set, and they're going to have more color than normal. There are limits on the number of color codes people can put in specific locations, but there are a few people who do reach the maximums.

The color coding of the hp/st/sp prompt is to inform people when they are hurt or are running out of some particular stat, if you know what the colors mean it's hardly intrusive.

Materia Magica is also not a strict RP mud - RP is encouraged but not enforced. It does make an attempt to keep OOC subjects out of public channels like SHOUT and YELL, however.

Room descriptions are not colored, they are done in offwhite with the room title in yellow. Materia Magica does have a compass that has directions that change color depending on if the room is lit or not, and if it is a PK room or not, but other than that I think that Materia Magica makes very judicious use of color in the actual game and rooms itself, in that color is not allowed for use in descriptions by the builders. I will agree there are some instances where players go too far in their use of color codes, however, but if it really bothers you that much you can always SET COLOR OFF.
vedic is offline   Reply With Quote