Thread: Builders
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #13
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
In no way did I misrepresent your wording. I even placed "steal" within double quotes, showing that I was using your definition rather then a more widely accepted one.

As to not doing "any harm", that would be a case by case basis.

If you log into someone's project, speak with their builders and get them to come build for your project then there is one possible harm that readily comes to mind: Time. Each person only has so much time to spend working on a project. If they are working on one project instead of another it is most likely true that they are taking time from this total "time pool" instead of creating new time.

I certainly was not trying to degrade you, and I even stated that it was my personal opinion and personal ethics that preclude me from trying to gather builders in the manner you posted. Of course you know you do not in any way have to fit your actions within my belief set, so there should be nothing degrading about taking my opinion for what it is, my own.

To find builders that built for another MUD but no longer do so now (or are publicly/privately seeking another project) is entirely ethical, even in my seemingly outmoded way of thinking. To log into someone's project and ask a project member while they are online and currently working for a project does not fit my system of ethics.

To each their own.

If I find anyone actively recruiting for another game on the MUD I am currently coding for I would warn them once and then IP ban them on a second offense with no reservation.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote