View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 09:58 PM   #2
Barandis

Barandis is on a distinguished road
I can't agree more, though I have a couple other poitns to make.

First, when I logged on and took a look at the list just now, I didn't even SEE the number one ad. I saw the banner ad and, like on virtually every other banner-ad driven site on the Web, assumed that the list started just below it. It took me a few moments to realize that the first entry was even there.

Second, speaking as a web designer, the change simply makes this a worse site for the average web surfer. The asymmetry is annoying and just plain looks bad, but that's a minor concern. The bigger concern is now there are 19 entries in a single block, and that sort of thing is just filtered out by the average user. No one wants to look at a big block of info. They go to the smaller, easier read sections instead, or just stop after the first few entries.

So, the re-placement of the banner ad immediately made me think that you're doing a disservice to both your number one vote-getter and perhaps everyone from about seven on down. I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed some things just because of the layout. I do hope that you take this into consideration and change it back to the way it was.
Barandis is offline   Reply With Quote