Thread: Defense
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #59
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
You may not like me, but try to be accurate. I have no problem with people holding different opinions than I do, and I don't flame them for it provided they're intelligently presented and are backed up with some semblance of a rationale.

What I object to is the manner by which some TMS members conduct themselves. Being opposed to Medievia is fine. Using juvenile name manipulation insults like Mercthievia (equivalent to, say, calling Kavir by a name like Gayvir...very 5th grade), flaming people who haven't done anything to you, and so on are what I object to.

For instance, I don't care if you don't like Medievia, and I certainly didn't flame the people who first started flaming Medievia in the Flames thread, because they (even Molly) did it calmly. On the other hand, I post a welcome message to Medievia, and immediately not only get flamed, but get accused of starting a flame war (which is odd, because it's the people that flamed me that turned a genuine welcome into a flamewar).

It's some of the people rabidly against Medievia that are attacking anyone who dares suggest that just maybe their opinions are just that: opinions. On the other hand, you have reasonable folk like Traithe and Brody who, though clearly not fans of Medievia, treat it quite reasonably. They express their dislike, and leave it at that, rather than getting red in the face, screaming over and over and over, and generally throwing a tantrum anytime anyone disagrees with their point of view.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote