View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 11:28 PM   #7
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Do you ever actually post anything on topic, or do you spend your time just attacking people? Granted, I have been on vacation for the last 8 days, but the last post I saw from you before I left was a post attacking someone too. Both times, posts irrelevant to the subject matter of the thread.

In any case, I didn't attack anyone. I offered criticism on an article submitted for public review. I'm pretty sure the author is an adult and understands the difference between criticism of an idea and criticism of a person. On the chance he doesn't, he shouldn't be posting public editorials without the expectation that his ideas and assertions may be challenged. It's called "discussion."

As for writing articles, why don't you check out an article that Gamasutra, one of the top game developer's site, paid me to write at:

Feel free to criticize the ideas therein. I know I have lots of criticism of some of them due to the increased experience I have gained since I wrote it. Still, Bartle felt it was good enough to spend 3 pages of his book talking specifically about that article. You can also hear me speak at various games conferences like the Game Developer's Conference () if you care to. Telling me I'm not out there talking about text muds and putting forth my own ideas is just silly.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote