View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 08:08 PM   #27
Saren

Saren is on a distinguished road
Plenty? Examples please =) I'm not doubting you, I'm just trying to build up my collection of high quality muds.

Heh =) So as a little emperical experiment, I started using MudConnect's 'connect to random mud' feature, and after the first 20 muds, I would say they are all crap, compared with the commercial and free muds listed both here and on the other p2p thread.  Obviously this is just a sampling, so as I visit more muds, the picture will become clearer.

In this case, my 'quick' definition of crap is I log in, and one or more of the following is true:  
[1] the title screen, character creation and login sequence completely is stock, or altered in minor ways.
[2] it immedietely plops me into stock mud school, and a quick 'help command' reveals that the help system is totally unaltered.  
[3] I do a 'who' and 'max online players for the day' lists '1'.
[4] the game uses any form of l33t speak  (in one case, the game automatically insulted for leaving in l33t speak).  This is obviously the most subjective of the criteria, but I prefer an 'adult game'

In any case, I'm working on the next 20 muds right now... With luck, I'll be able to break my streak.
Saren is offline   Reply With Quote