View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 04:09 AM   #16
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Admining and Playing

I don't think it matters if you abuse it or not, it's still a conflict of interest.

It's like saying there is no conflict of interest if a general in the us army goes to a base somewhere and wants to train with the units or battallions, no matter how much he might want to do it, that's a conflict of interest, as a general he has immense power over others, and has no place there, if he wants to do that, he should resign as a general and go back to being a sergeant.

I'm sure I could come up with more analogies that's just what came to mind. If you have the power of an admin, you simply shouldn't be playing an active character, especially on an RPI or roleplaying mud, I can't stress enough how much this can hurt your playerbase. It's a huge conflict of interest on RPI's I believe. I'd rather not know that I'm playing with an admin, and if I ever find out, it makes me want to quit the mud that a high-ranking, powerful character is played, ironically by an admin.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote