Thread: Sex & Violence
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:43 AM   #64
scandum

scandum will become famous soon enough
Re: Sex & Violence

The is in Dutch but it should be understandable for English readers. The header states: Estimated abortion ratio based on generation and lineage, 2001-2005
(per 1.000 women aged 15-44 years).

Depending on the specific immigrant group the ratio was 3 to 13 times higher in 2005.

You'll burn in hell for approximately 27 days, and 18 hours per indecent thought

There's this rumor that hormones from anti-conception pills are contaminating the drinking water in Holland and subsequently have a biological impact. Given it's widely known and scientifically proven I guess it's not too politically incorrect to say that there are racial differences in testosterone levels, I'm however uncertain if that'd have any part to play when it comes to teenage pregnancies. Dutch teenagers also smoke less pot than American teenagers, so I don't think that theory holds, unless being stoned or drunk increases the risk of unwanted pregnancies, which seems a plausible theory.

I've ran across statistics that indicated that circumcised groups/populations are less likely to use condoms (no solid proof though) which would increase the risk of pregnancy (the pill is only 99% effective) and the spread of STDs. Circumcision has a higher occurrence in Anglosaxon nations than mainland Europe.

Then there's the conscientiousness factor of the personality scale which might differ for populations through either genetic or cultural reasons, which might not be easy to point out because they might be unrelated to obvious differences.

Another factor is which IQ tests try to measure. Given IQ correlates with academic achievement, academic achievement correlates with the delaying of child birth, and abortion negatively correlates with IQ, it's safe to assume that high IQ populations have less abortions. From what I gathered Holland has a higher average IQ (6 points) than England.
scandum is offline   Reply With Quote