View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 04:31 AM   #3
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Proposal for new listing options

I'm not sure it's necessary to repeat that for each option, but I guess you could include a general comment stating that the options should reflect the current feature set and not just things that are planned for the future. Perhaps also mention that the protocols should be actively used and not simply supported, as I've seen a few muds claim support for certain protocols without actually using them anywhere - in some cases I suspect their codebase came with the protocol built in, and the owner knew they supported it, but didn't really know what it did or what they could/should do with it.

I did also wonder whether MXP should be split up into "Supports 24-bit MXP color?" and "Supports MXP links?", as those are the two main advantages of MXP (at least in my opinion), and not everyone implements both. If it was done that way there could even be a little section for colour support, listing ANSI, XTerm and MXP. However I figured it would be simpler just to stick to one option, and a simple proposal is more likely be added than a complex one.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote