View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 08:32 PM   #22
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
I didn't say you were intending to slam the muds, I just said that that's how some people will interpret it. I also pointed out that you are free to make your posts regardless of how those people feel - although (as you are presumably trying to help these people) you need to realise that you're quite possibly going to cause offense.

The definition I took came from the Merrian Webster online dictionary (), but the two are close enough. You could just as easily use the definition of "loser":

1 : one that loses especially consistently
2 : one who is incompetent or unable to succeed; also : something doomed to fail or disappoint

Then just claim that you're following the first definition - which is almost invariable true in the context of these boards.

However you should remember that many people don't particularly care about the voting. They don't consider their mud to be a "loser" or an "underdog" just because they didn't get their votes up. Realms of Despair is rank 67, yet it has currently has around 400 players online, and I doubt it considers itself an "underdog".
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote