View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 06:45 AM   #30
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Informative (proper) reviews are great, and are frequently useful to prospective players. Something along these lines would be a very nice feature to have on TMS.

But such a review should actually give some information about the mud, not just say "this is a fantasy mud" and then try to get players to play it out of some sense of pity for this "poor unpopular mud". If I wanted to read posts like that, I'd go to the "rants & raves" section of TMS.

"Excuse me, Sir - do you think you could you spare a player? Our coder is sick, and our frail old builder is worn out from long hours in front of a screen, and we are only just able to cover the cost of our hosting provider with these food tokens, but we try to scrape by as best we can. Show some pity on a poor little mud?"

If stock muds have had to resort to begging to gather attention, then I can't help but shake my head in bemusement. But please, leave me and my muds out of it - I don't need sympathy or pity to attract players. If they're not interested in playing based on the quality of the game itself, then fair enough.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote