View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 04:16 AM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
From your :

"2. All applicants should understand that any work they do for the game will become property of the game, meaning you forfeit all rights to ownership of the works you do for the game."

From the :

"Any or all of the copyright owner’s exclusive rights or any subdivision of those rights may be transferred, but the transfer of exclusive rights is not valid unless that transfer is in writing and signed by the owner of the rights conveyed or such owner’s duly authorized agent."

That aside, I have seen hundreds of muds fail over the years. I have seen several custom-built muds which had countless hours poured into them before the developers lost interest, or came across some other stumbling block, and then gave up. Many years ago I even participated in the design of a commercial mud, but the project died before it even completed the design phase.

Given that failure rate, my question is this: If someone spends hours upon hours developing content for your game, and signs the copyright over to you, then your mud dies, what happens to all their work?
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote