View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:21 AM   #9
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
We use a similar agreement with our authors, with a (physically) signed contract.  Obviously, good management practices dictate that you try to do as much as possible in collaboration with your authors, but it is your game.

It would be very difficult to run any serious endeavor without this sort of agreement.  If one of your authors says "Promote me to co-owner, or I'm revoking your permission to use the central city I wrote for you." after the MUD has opened, what are you going to do without owning the material?

Toraux: I'd advise finding an appropriate Non-Disclosure Agreement which includes the kinds of clauses (re: copyright and ownership) you have, and having each of your authors sign one and mail it to you.  Not only does this protect your game, but it makes sure that all of your authors are clear on the arrangment from day 1.  That's fair for everyone involved.

Everyone else: If this thread is going to get much bigger, please create a new topic under the Legal Issues forum. We're getting away from the original poster's intent here on Advertising.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote