View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:06 AM   #5
Luvan

Luvan is on a distinguished road
My first character (that I can remember) was named Ivellios on Adventures Unlimited.

He had just about every adventure a goody two shoes, challenge seeking, womanizing, wise, proud heishan elf paladin could have. From simply helping others to killing his own brother to traveling to the Abyss, I guess he did it all.

Where it went right: RP always went right. It probably would have taken much longer to wear thin if I wouldnt have gradually slacked my efforts as I played. When the RP was at its best it was better than anything, better than any of the thousands of games I have probably played in my life.

My mistakes: Getting to far into the game, taking some things to seriously. I used to justify it by thinking that I should take things seriously with a character I spent thousands of hours on. But I suppose you should never let a game become more than just that, a game,even if it has the potential to be. As I played my behaviors slid towards enjoying OOC actions more under a veil of RP, namely PK. I could justify killing anyone evil under Ivellios' RP, but I mostly only fought with those I knew where a challenge and I mostly did it for personal sport.

I learned many things from playing this game. Mostly just realizations about the world and how things work. I played it while my personal life was horrible, which is part of the reason why I became so involved. I learned how to play a good character though.

I think I played Ivellios (I had remade him a few times) for a total of around four thousand five hundred hours. That is rounding down from the numbers my gut tells me I played.
Luvan is offline   Reply With Quote