View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: I need a mud too

When I started reading your post, before I got all the way to your critique of some of the muds you've tried, I was going to recommend New Worlds. It has a reasonable number of European players, and US players who play at various times, so your time zone shouldn't be an issue. It's really struck a good blend of intense RP, casual RP, and single-player or group hack and slash. Your critique of the game, however, is spot on. Most of its playerbase plays daily, and it's hard to stay involved with serious RP if you don't. But if you like everything else about the game, see if you can enjoy sporadic bursts of casual RP and hack and slash as your time allows. If you're really forward and social and use every channel you have to try to meet and run into people, you can usually find someone to RP with. That might be too much work for too little reward for a casual player though.

All of the IRE games have systems that allow for pretty casual players who don't have a lot of time to still enjoy the game, but there's usually less RP than a traditional RP mud. If you tried out one IRE game and found yourself lonely in a small guild, try another guild, or another of their games. There's a social RP scene if you look for it.

I'd actually steer you away from the hardcore RPI arena. By default, most of those games tend to require heavy involvement and frequent playing time.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote