View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 02:58 PM   #8
Pasano

Pasano is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Pasano
This is interesting, because I posted a discussion similar to this one in the roleplaying forum, regarding PK and it's relation to RP, and if the two can coexist.

I don't know if you are in a position of power for the mud you're encountering these problems on, but it'll likely take something from above to make an impact with this problem.

If you're an RP enforced mud, it's time for the immortals to get to enforcing. If you're RP encouraged, it's shaky ground.

I suggested on my other post, requiring a series of questions be answered by every character before allowing them to level freely and gain power. These questions would be used to establish their character beyond simple alignment.

Questions detailing the character's history, tendancies, goals, perceptions of self and others, etc. It might take you a week or two to compose 10 good questions that will allow you to look at questionable PKs and make a determination towards whether this action was fitting of the character who perpetrated it, or if it was simply an OOC-motivated action to gain powerful equipment.

Even the most heartless killer draws a line somewhere, and if you can catch players crossing those lines in order to pull a PK-for-EQ type scenario, it becomes time to harshly reprimand and punish accordingly.

My opinion on this, is that if you're going to be RP-Enforced, you have to take a stance, state a policy and enforce it coldly and precicely. It might cost you a player here or there, but ultimately you're going to end up with a solid player base full of people who value their own RP and that of others as much or more than they value the PK.
Pasano is offline   Reply With Quote