View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #21
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: LFM: skill-based game with RP

Play New Worlds Ateraan. I'll break down the good and bad based on your request:

1. Skill system where skills are improved through use (classes and levels optional)
Classes and Levels are in the game. The skill system is part of the classes and levels so not all skills don't necessarily improve through use but some do.

2. RP enforced, tinyplots and events preferred, but no stress and no srs bsns politics
RP is enforced and tiny as well as large plots and massive events occur. However, with serious RP there is going to be stress based on how involved you get. If you want to play a rogue or other character that doesn't get involved with religion or politics you can. So, basically, it is up to you.

3. No permadeath. NWA has both. However, permadeath is reserved for serious in depth roleplay and the choice is mostly up to you whether you get in a position to be permed.

4. No endless training parties where people show up and let you hit them to improve your sword skill
None of this.

5. PvE with optional PvP. PvP is optional to the extent that your roleplay dictates it. We require roleplay serious roleplay to be involved in Pk's so if your character keeps it's nose clean you shouldn't have to worry about it. On the other hand, you get into intrique and dangerous situations you can expect to have to live dangerously.

6. Commerce (optional). Commerce is a huge part of the game, but up to you how involved you get in it. Two large guilds in the game are commerce intensive.

7. Some degree of botting allowed (if I want to read a book while my character mines iron ore...).
I say why play then? You shouldn't have to bot to get ahead in any good game. Go read your book, when you are ready to play come back. Hopefully the game has enough in it to be enjoyable and not enjoyable if you aren't actively involved.

Might not be all you want, but have fun looking!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote