View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
Hygelac

Hygelac is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Recommend a C++ codebase

Thank you for your quick reply. That list was very helpful and I used it as my starting point when I started looking for a better mud engine. That list is also woefully outdated. Several of the c++ muds I have evaluated are not even on that list. MudBytes has a far more comprehensive of over 2000 entries (click on the directory headings at the top for more items).

I've ported the Xenobia code base, a derivative of AFKMud 1.63 (c source), to compile under g++. Now I am going to integrate AFKMud 2.11 (c++ source) back into my code base. Here I have three options:Now I've looked into murk++ and it is good. It uses SQLite as the db and is well written c++ code. Unfortunately it's very small and does not have all the features of AFK. So I am left with the task of rewriting much of the functionality I need.

Ideally I would like to find a code-base thatI'm asking for recommendations. What would you do/use given my situation.

Thanks in advance.

btw Feel free to check out Xenobia at

Last edited by Hygelac : 03-16-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: hmm, realized the lists did not get parsed automatically
Hygelac is offline   Reply With Quote