View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #10
Alseid

Alseid is on a distinguished road
Re: Long-pose RP-enforced MUDs

I used to play both MUDs, New Worlds and The Burning Post 2, I actually left New Worlds for BuRP and both have their strong points, I'd say give both a try even though in my experience NW didn't have long emotes the depths of RP that happen can be interesting, it was a little too hack and slash for my tastes and a little too "we all think this" in the IC world, but then I maybe should have made a rogue. Give it at the least a try and see if you like it, it's worth a go.

The Burning Post 2 however is filled with long emotes and people tend to favor that over just saying things. I wouldn't say they're paragraph in the sense of 5 sentences but they're pretty damn good anyway. I wouldn't recommend making a character to rock the boat at the beginning as the IC world is pretty harsh, and there's a lot to learn. There's no hack and slash at all, skills are advanced through roleplay and RPXP, you gain "inspiration" points for roleplaying and then from there you use XP and Inspiration to improve skills. I really felt a sense of growth and development while I was there, because you really have to develop the personality to gain the skills.
Alseid is offline   Reply With Quote