View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 06:22 AM   #118
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to cry over that. I'm not even going to cry over the fact that the article was deleted, especially if it'll keep a few other muds from going down the tubes the way we did. (And seriously, if another mud gets attacked, we all know much better how to fight it off now.) My hope, also, is with the outcry that came from this, the Wiki-warriors will back off muds, at least for a while. Threshold's entry is a pretty small price to pay to galvanize the counter movement, and honestly, it's nice to expose some of the more ignorant and corrupt editors/administrators. (Seriously, claiming that Richard Bartle and Raph Koster posted about Threshold because of canvassing is just the height of disrespect and stupidity. If Threshold has the kind of power of manipulate these learned men, maybe we're notable and shouldn't have been deleted! Can't have it both ways.)

Thanks for making me smile. I hadn't gotten around to thinking about it that way yet.

Threshold and I have been discussing a project of this sort from the moment the AfD came into effect. (It's very unlikely we're going to go down the independent review path, though. That opens a whole can of worms that I'm not sure would actually be good for the community.) [deleted a bunch of stuff when I realized it's irrelevant to this particular discussion]. It's probably a good topic for a different discussion.

My favorite quote that has come from all this:

I think Wikipedia is now an MMOG, populated by rival editing guilds.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote