View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 09:39 PM   #7
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
Re: Archons of Avenshar!

I don't think a Flash client (and particularly AoA's and Fmud's) will alientate all mud veterans, as I've been playing muds for 15+ years and I really like both of those clients. It may be true that mudders used to clients like Zmud and Mushclient will not take to the Flash clients though, as those stand-alone clients are very specialized tools that can take a lot of time to master. Once you've invested that time you get very attached to the client you're using.

However, you could make the inference then that mud newbies, who are not attached to one client or another, won't necessarily like or dislike either one. But what I can say is that I like the Flash clients because they are much more conducive to casual play, and if anything this play style has exploded in popularity in recent years, compared to the relatively hardcore play typical of most muds. So games with these kinds of clients may be able to pull in a broader spectrum of players (of course, if their gameplay is suitable as well).

As far as font rendering I have to say when I first played AoA I loved the font rendering. So I'm not really sure what technical details are the issue there.
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote